Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tutorial: Name in Lights!

Hi everyone!

Alright, so I clearly have neglected this blog, but I figured, why not post something? I don't always take pictures of my tutorials, which is why I kind of stopped blogging, and also I haven't had much time at all. But this is another outlet that might be easier to maintain as well, so I'll place the link back on my my main channel, saraxbeauty.

This tutorial is slightly ironic because in my products I regret buying video for the eyes, seen here, and you'll have to dig around a bit in the video to find the exact place, but I mention my "failed" purchase of Victoria Secret's eye shadow in Name In Lights. It's absolutely gorgeous in the pan, as it's like a purpley-silvery-color with silvery gold shimmer. However, it's consistency is not the best, and I mention in the video it's like a pressed metallic pigment that hasn't been pressed well - if you use it dry, you're gonna basically be getting nowhere, because you won't get any product on the brush. You need to use it wet to get any payoff. It's nice but a little difficult to use, but you be the judge of the payoff (:

I hope enjoy this tutorial! Here's the video:



P R O D U C T S  U S E D

  • eyes
    • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
    • Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow in Too Cool
    • Victoria's Secret Shimmer Eye Shadow in Name in Lights, used wet
    • INGLOT Matte 390 e/s, then mixed with UD Naked into crease
    • INGLOT DS 465 e/s - outer lid/crease
    • INGLOT Matte 326 e/s - outer v (similar colors are Handwritten or Mystery by MAC - something that is very a very dark, cool-purpley brown color)
    • UD Virgin e/s as a highlight
    • MAC Aloha! Metallic Pigment Stack - Campfire Stack - Lightest beigy shade just on inner corner
    • UD Foxy e/s - inner corner
    • NYX Slide on Pencil in Jet Black
    • Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in #15 (that weird "anthracite" shade)
    • Benefit Bad Gal Lash
    • Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara
  • cheeks
    • NARS Sin blush (checked on Sephora which one, cause I always get confused!)
    • MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle
  • lips
    • Urban Decay High Gloss Saturated Lip Color in Lovechild
This seems like a lot of products, but it's actually really easy to do! Here are some pictures:






Hope you enjoyed it!

-Sara x




No comments:

Post a Comment