Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nail of the Day: OPI Just Spotted the Lizard

Hi everyone!

So I was bored the other day and decided to (finally) paint my nails the color I've been dying to get on them! CHANEL PERIDOT! Wait, what? Oh, yeah, that's not what it is... that's just what it looks like! Rather than shelling out a whopping (and I say, extremely overpriced) $25 for nail polish, here's a dupe for it that is exactly the same thing! WOO!

This is OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard, extremely appropriately named and released with the brand new (well, it's been out for a bit I guess haha) Spider-Man collection to tie in with the movie. I have yet to see that movie, btw. (Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield are the cutest couple ever. :D) The reason why Chanel's Peridot was so sought after and such an amazement to the beauty industry was because it was so difficult to dupe at the time it was released last year. There was really no color like it, that had so many different tones in it. Of course, other nail companies jumped on the bandwagon and decided to try and make similar colors (for cheaper, thank god!) and I know there are other dupes for Peridot as well. But I like this one (:

One downfall for this polish is you cannot get away with one coat. It'll be too sheer. (In all fairness, why would you? It's such a beautifully different color, I'd want it to be as strong as possible!) But it is a tiny bit on the thinner, streakier side, which sucks, but it's doable. It'll just take a bit more coaxing to get it to be opaque.

This came in a set of four, since they were sold out of the full-sized bottle, but it was worth it because the other colors in the Spider-Man collection are really nice anyway. (:

I would describe this as a dirty-gold base shot through with earthy green and blue. It is a duochrome and changes when you move your hands, henceforth the awkward pictures of my hands, haha :D

These were taken with a flash so you can see the duochrome.


This was taken in a more natural light with a flash, and it showcases the nails perfectly. See how crazy this color is?!
 See how the nails look a bit green?


I usually never take pictures with the bottle (and it's really tiny because it came in a set, as I said) but I wanted to show how weird the bottle looks. See the blue on the side? Also I positioned my nails this way because you can see the gradient effect it has - blue to teal to green to gold, etc. HOW AMAZING?!

I'm in love with this nail polish. It's just so fun to look at and very different - I own nothing remotely close to it, which is awesome. Seriously, check out this polish, or a dupe for Peridot, it's amazing! :D

-Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment